Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My first week in Rio

Rio is a big city, no doubt about it. More than 8 millions people, so basically all of Austria in one city!

I arrived last Tuesday and after 1 week here I have the impression I only saw a small part of the city. At the same time, I already feel completely at home.
I was hosted for 6 days by Mathieu and Anne-Therese, old friends from the Vienna time and it was wonderful to spend time. We saw each other for the last time in February in Vienna with the idea of meeting somewhere in South America and I am really happy we realised our wish :-)

The weather was sunny at the beginning and rainy in the last days, so until now no classical tourist places visited like the Christ and the Pao de Acucar, but we I went to Copacabana, Ipanema, Forte do Leme (with wonderful views!), I had a crazy party night in Lapa and I was at theater in the Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil on Sunday night. Moreover, I read two books, spent a lot of time with old and new friends, had great food.

Life is so great here that I decided to stop for a longer period, until 20th November. Last night I moved to another part of the city and I was welcomed by my new cs host, Thalia. She is a wonderful person, complete trust at first sight and immediately went along very well. This morning when I woke up after a confortable sleep on a real bed, she left me a note with perfect description of basically any information I might need about the city and...a lot of delicious fruit in the fridge (ananas, mango, kivi, papaya) which she extra bought for me knowing I am vegetarian. As if this was not enough, I could use her washing machine to wash all my dirty stinky clothes ;-) I guess they were really happy to be washed well after the last 3 hand-wash I made in the last weeks!

I feel so thankful for all the wonderful experiences and people I am meeting on my trip, they are giving me a lot of energy and trust in a better world!

Well, I think I have writenn enough for now. it is raining outside  so I will go to visit some museums today. I am looking forward to another day in Rio!

Here are some pics from my first week in Rio

Por-de-sol in Copacabana

Mathieu, me and Anne-Therese in Forte do Leme

Amazing view of Rio!

No comments:

Post a Comment