Friday, November 4, 2011

Hiking to the Corcovado

Christ the Redeemer...and me :-)
On Friday 4th November I had one of the most spectacular days of my whole life!
What did I do? I hiked on the top of Corcovado, until the statue of the Christ the Redemeer.

Not alone, but with five other people: my dear friends Mathieu and Anne-Therese from France and three argentinian couchsurfers I have met in Rio: Laura, Meli and Emanuel.



To go up, it was a 3-hour hike in a street first, in a narrow path in the forest then, and along the train track in the end. With around 30 degrees temperature not the easiest walk, but definitely a beautiful one. Turning the corner you never know what to expect, it could be another part of the forest or a breath-taking view of the coast!

Once reached the top, we spent around 2 hours at the base of the Christ statue. The landscape is so incredible that I could not stop looking at the most incredible combination of nature and human buildings I have ever seen!

We walked back using another path which brought us to the park Loge, near the Lagoa, where we also met a few monkeys.

Overall, a glorious day and some more unforgettable memories to add to my unforgettable trip!

 More pics from the hike to Corcovado

the wonderful six :-)

An amazing view from the top

No comments:

Post a Comment