Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Back in Mumbai and highlights December

11.2.2014
After travelling in South India for the last 4 months I am back in Mumbai, where the trip started. As in September 2013, I am volunteering at the Shelter Don Bosco. It's so great spending time with the shelter boys again and share with them the experiences of the last months.
I have only 4 more days to go in India, then I am flying back to Italy!
___________

Even if quite a lot of time has passed, I would like to finally describe some of the highlights from last December:

- The beaches and backwaters of Kerala: I spent the first 10 days of December in Kerala. I enjoyed the wonderful beaches of Kovalam and Varkala. Here I also met again Todd and Marie, a couple I had met at the ashram in November. We went to practise yoga every morning in the beach and it was really great. After Varkala, I spent a few days at Aleppey, taking a local ferry boat to discover the famous “backwaters”

- Ayurvedic treatment near Coimbatore: as a pre-present for my 33th birthday, which I celebrated on Janury 2nd, I attended a 3-week treament called “Panchakarma” in an ayurvedic clinic. For 21 days I had daily massage, delicious sattvic food, natural medicines and a lot of time to rest, regenerate and reflect. The calmest Christmas of my life. I missed my family a lot but I enjoyed a deep peace I want to bring with me also while travelling

- New Year's Eve in Ooty: after the Panchakarma I moved to Ooty. Situated at 2200 meters a.s.l., it got really cold in the night. But during day I enjoyed the wonderful mountains and landscapes and thus concluded in the best way a fantastic year 2013

December was a wonderful month and below you can find some pictures.
Enjoy and all the best
Massi on the road

PS: Every month I send out some articles to my friends in Italy, Austria, Germany and around the world. If you are interested in directly receiving them once a month (in Italian or German), please send me an email: massimiliano_schiliro@hotmail.com

The beach of Varkala

Ayurveda treatment near Coimbatore

The mountains around Ooty

No comments:

Post a Comment