Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas and Highlights of November



24.12
Hello again from the ayurvedic center in Coimbatore. The treatment is going on very well and I am really happy to be here. I used part of the free time to update a bit by travel diary and my blog, so here I am with some highlights and pictures from last month.

I also take the chance to wish Merry Christmas to all of you!
_____________

I spent all of november in the State of Tamil Nadu and here are some of the highlights:

- Volunteering in Chennai: I volunteered for one week in Chennai in the Don Bosco Institute of Communication and Arts. I held a presentation of my South America trip, gave a speech in front of 1000 (!) children during an short-film festival and I even took part in a short film shot with the aim of presenting the project and asking for donations.
- beach & temples: I spent 5 days chilling in Mamallapuram and Kanchipuram, bathing for the first time in the Bay of Bengala and visiting a lot of wonderful temples
- “yoga vacation” at Sivananda Ashram: 2 weeks of yoga in all its forms (asanas, satsang, prayers, chanting, lessons), along with proper diet (sattwik vegetarion food) and a great group of around 20 participants. Result: wonderful experience and inner peace as my new travel companion
- Kanyakumari, the “end of India”: I spent the last 2 days of November in Kanyakumari, the southern part of all the Indian subcontinent. I enjoyed wonderful sunrise in the spot where 3 seas meet, celebrating the beginning of a new day together with hundreds of pilgrims visiting a famous temple.

It was a very spectacular month I really enjoyed and below you can find some pictures.

Enjoy and all the best
Massi on the road

PS: Every month I send out some articles to my friends in Italy, Austria, Germany and around the world. If you are interested in directly receiving them once a month (in Italian or German), please send me an email: massimiliano_schiliro@hotmail.com

Children Film Festival in Chennai

Sea Shore Temple in Mamallapuram

I and Swami-Ji at Sivananda Ashram

1 comment:

  1. nice blog,in india with the help of T2india i was done lots oe fun in India travel

    ReplyDelete