Thursday, January 5, 2012

My life in Uruguay

It has been a while since I last wrote in my blog and many things have happened since then.
Last time, while writing my love message to Brazil, I had just arrived in Uruguay. Now, nearly 3 weeks later, I already left the country. I am in Buenos Aires right now. Tomorrow I will start a 3-qeek trip to Patagonia and I am really excited about the endless landscaped and the breathtaking nature I will see there.

But before starting my new part of the trip, I want to say goodbyw to Uruguay, a big small country :-)
I arrived knowing little or nothing about it, and I must say that after a few days - when my saudade for Brazil diminished a little - I started liking the country a lot.
Some of the highlights:
  • Meeting people in the street in Montevideo having a Free Box exactly the same as in Vienna, only they call it "Gratifiera" :-)
  • Surfing for 9 days in a container! Alex, my host, has a wonderful farm 20 km from Punta del Este, but no space for me in his house, so I had a lot of fun feeling me at home for more than a week in a container. I heloed collecting rucola in the morning, spent the afternoon at the lonely beach against from the tourists of the city
  • Visiting an eco-village near the city of Rocha, hitchhiking to get there and back to "civilisation". I climbed the highest "mountain" there, a hill of 500 meters and enjoyed a magnificent view
  • Seeing the last sunset of 2011 and the first sunrise of 2012. Two unfogettable moments I spent alone thanking the sun for all the energy I received and will receive from it :-) Between the two suns I spent hourse dancing with other couchsurfers. I eventually concluded my Ner Year´s Eve celebration at 4 pm!
Well, these were some of the best moments in Uruguay, but I have many more memories.
Here you can find a pic collection:
Uruguay, 18.12.2011-03.01.2012

And now it is time to go, Patagonia is calling!!!

Gratifiera in Montevideo
The first sunrise of 2012

Me and my container :-)



2 comments:

  1. Hi Massi,

    Better haircut......btw
    I am vegi at the moment too:)

    j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sunset/sunrise moments :)

    ReplyDelete