Monday, September 26, 2011

My life in Salvador

I arrived in Salvador on Wednesday 21st September. My trip began in the early morning from Frankfurt. A 10-hour direct flight took me to Salvador. A new part of my life thus started :-)

Today, 5 days later, I want to describe my first impressions of my new life on the road. Outside it is raining (actually there is nearly a storm), so it is perfect weather to write.
But where is it "inside"? It is a small room where I have lived since my arrival. I am travelling with CouchSurfing and I was very lucky with my first host: Liane, a 45 year old lady living with her son Gabriel, 18. Extremely nice and welcoming people, I immediately felt at home!

I spent the first days visiting the city and meeting local couchsurfers. Salvador is a very lively city, there are many people on the streets, you can hear loud music coming from radios, shops, mobile phones...

There are very beautiful beaches, extended over several kilometres. I already tried two and swam for the first time on this side of the Atlantic Ocean. Very warm water, high waves, a few people were surfing, a fisher was fishing close so I paid attention not to get caught...

The local CS community is very warm and welcoming. Yesterday I went to the bike ride organised in the park of Pituacù. What a great experience! We were 20 people and cycled 15 km in a path which crossed the Atlantic forest. Great landscapes, flourishing vegetation and a wonderful lake. We made  a break to have a coconut. I first drank its juice, then have it opened and eat the white flesh inside. So yummy! Afterwards I ate a vegetarian mexican burrito and had a swim in the ocean. In the evening I skyped with closed friends and with my parents, thus concluding a wonderful day!

So far so good, one more week to stay in this wonderful city. It is great to be on the road, and at the same time it feels great to already feel at home in Salvador!

See my first pictures album from Salvador:
Brazil PT. 1 - Salvador 21-25 September

My first couch in Salvador:
a confortable bed and my own room: thank you CouchSurfing!
                                                                                                           



The first beach I saw in Salvador

CS bike ride in the wonderful park of Pituacù                                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment